This Sunday marks the granddaddy of awards shows: the Academy Awards. I relish this time of year, tuning into red carpet coverage, finding which designers stars are sporting, and watching behind the scenes tweets as stars glam up. Many people wonder just what celebs do to loose weight quick and fit into their body-hugging dresses. So I asked my esteemed nutrition colleagues to learn how they get their A-list clientele in tip-top shape so you can do the same for your big night.
To loose weight quick is not so easy
First, it is vital that you notice that each expert I interviewed stressed how nearly all of their customers work with them for long term health and weight loss targets. Not only for a quick fix two weeks earlier.
For those gotta-appear-excellent-quick repairs, though, Beverly Hills-based star dietitian Ashley Koff, R.D. who bears a client list including model and actress Molly Sims and Bones star Emily Deschanel, advises: “Be realistic. You don’t have to loose 10 pounds quick. But you can look as if you’ve lost a few pounds by getting extra sleep and fitting in all of your workouts.”
Get more sleep
I can testify to getting additional sleep paired with sufficient hydration. Upon awakening, I see immediate effects of fine lines hidden and undereyes smoothed and plumped.
For the jet set, Koff recommends coconut water for hydrating. Or even a liquid diet the days right before and after traveling. She says it allows the body to relax and prevents bloating. Steering clear of high-sodium foods likely to cause water retention, such as many canned soups, is also key.
Some other tips
Salt is not the only offender when it comes to bloat. Scott Keppel, a certified fitness coach and owner of Scott’s Training Systems, specializes in training women for pageants and has coached models prepping for Gucci and Nike photo shoots and magazine covers, as well as a reality TV star for VH1’s Rock of Love. Through years of expertise, he is gleaned these tricks for helping customers loose weight quick and fine tune one to two weeks before the big day:
- Cut out gas-producing vegetables, like broccoli and cauliflower, to reduce the dreaded ballooning.
- Spit out the chewing gum. In this world it’s considered that chewing gum chewing can fool the body into believing it’s eating, creating the essential substances to break down food. Yet, in the lack of food, this acid can develop and eventually cause problem with digestion.
- Reduce excessive quantities of carbs since 1 g of carb can hold onto to 4 to 5 grams of water.
- Include foods with diuretic properties, including asparagus and beets. They help rid the body of extra water and loose extra weight quick.
- People who have a harder time digesting red meat and chicken should reduce consumption of them during this time. White fish, on the other hand, seems to be well tolerated and easy to digest.
- Remove protein milkshakes as a result of targeted quantities of whey and additives, which can cause bloating.